Tonsillectomy Recovery Day Ten
A collection of various experiences of adult tonsillectomy patients on their tenth day of recovery
From thousands of post comments to the tonsillectomy recovery forum, I have assembled a sampling of various accounts and impressions of tonsillectomy recovery for each day. Below I share comments about tonsillectomy day 10. These comments are taken from tonsillectomy patients who were kind enough to share their experiences to help others as they navigate the bumpy road of tonsillectomy recovery.
Many will experience depression toward the end of of their tonsillectomy recovery.
Please feel free to add your own experience with tonsillectomy day 10.
-Greg Tooke My short bio
- Tonsillectomy Day 10 :First day of narcotic withdrawl. This lasts thru day 14 or 15
- Tonsillectomy Day 10 : day 11, 12 if you count surgery day, and my throat still feels enough pain that I only want liquids and super-mushy things. After the scrambled-egg attempt two days ago I got a little downhearted… like, Can’t I even eat THIS? Maybe I will try them again today.
- Tonsillectomy Day 10 : Post-Op: Day Ten
- I actually got sleep again last night. All in all, I’m feeling pretty good today. It feels like most of my scabs are gone, so that’s a plus. I went out for the majority of the day. Like I said before, it feels awesome to get out after being secluded in my house for such a long time! I took Tylenol at 12:00am and I’m feeling pretty good. By pretty good, I mean I can swallow pretty well, but now what it feels like is a bad case of strep throat (yes, that is a good thing)! Still couldn’t eat much today. I guess I could physically eat soft food (pasta, soft bread, etc.) but since I’m not fully healed yet, I’m a little scared to do something that will push me back in recovery. So I stuck to peaches, yogurt drinks, water, etc…all of the usual stuff!
- Post-Op: Day Eleven
- Well, I did pretty good medication wise. I took my meds again at 12:00am; that means I waited 24hours between 2 doses of meds. It feels like I took a step back in my recovery process. My sleep was scattered and after waking up every hour to drink water, I was beyond exhausted when I woke up this morning. Even though I did drink a lot last night, my throat was still very dry. And swallowing today is a little harder than yesterday; it still feels like there is a ball in my throat. So, as you can imagine, I haven’t eaten much today either. I’m a little tired of not being able to eat as I sit on the couch, watching my family eat all of my favorite meals – what can I say, I’m a little hostile at this point! The pain isn’t bad enough that I need to take medication again, it’s just very uncomfortable. Well, I decided after 11 days, I was able to drive today and that felt good also (not having to rely on people feels awesome). When I was in the car, I decided to look into my throat (because the natural light made it easier for me too see) and I still see A LOT of white! I’m not sure why I have so many scabs left at day 11, but it sucks. Why can’t I be one of those lucky people that loose all of their scabs on day 8! I wish! Other than that, I’m not that miserable today.
- Tonsillectomy Day 10 : day 10-, 12 if you count surgery day, and my throat still feels enough pain that I only want liquids and super-mushy things. After the scrambled-egg attempt two days ago I got a little downhearted… like, Can’t I even eat THIS? Maybe I will try them again today.
- Tonsillectomy Day 10 : day 10 (40/f). took lortab last night at 9 p.m. and have taken nothing since. not to say it doesn’t hurt, but it feels more like a normal sore throat, and let’s face it, i’ve been dealing with that for years w/out relying on tylenol or meds
- Tonsillectomy Day 10 :Day 10,
- Feeling much better now, thanks. Still a little pain in the ears, but bearable. Seriously , If you can get a hold of Tylenol Liquid Rapid Blast in your neck of the woods, get it. goes down easily. And eating much more now, try to gain back a few of the 20 lbs. I lost, course some things still taste funny / odd. And I can start to sing again. (actually better than before). Hopefully My tongue swelling will go down.
- Tonsillectomy Day 10 : Day 10–my boyfriend ordered pizza for us. I had to eat some real food and this is what I was craving. BEST PIZZA EVER!! Couldn’t eat the crunchy edge pieces like I like, but the soft middle pieces were amazing. Throat still hurts a lot, especially in the middle of the night, but only taking advil at this point, every 6 hours.
- Tonsillectomy Day 10 (post-op day 11) and beyond:
- From here every day had less pain and discomfort. I was able to slowly return to a regular diet. It took few more days to get my throat muscles to become less tired when swallowing, My uvula and soft palate still felt weird for a while.